4.22.2011

Mitch: Teaspoon destroyer, bean connoisseur, 25-year-old.

Mitch turned 25 on March 22nd and amidst all the craziness of life he didn't even get his own special post on our blog.  Talk about a lame wife!  After perusing some of our more recent photos, I  realized that my husband is funny.  Not the "he cracks a few jokes and makes me smile" kind, but the "I can't stop laughing and even when he is isn't trying I double over" sort.   Many of you may not know this side of him.  In public or in groups he's usually fairly reserved and content to let someone else take the spotlight.  So, I thought it only fitting that more of the world experience a small dose of the Mitchell found safely within the walls of his own home.  Happy birthday babe!


For Mitch's birthday I made him a mint oreo ice cream cake.  Yummo!  


Mitch blew all his candles out! All 7 of them! Yes, I used 2 green candles and 5 pink candles to represent 25.  Notice the way awesome basketball he recieved in the picture.  Now you may be thinking that these pictures don't seem all that funny.  However, there is something to chuckle about from Mitch's special day.  For his birthday dinner he asked for........frozen pizza!! Yep, of anything he could choose he wanted a nice big Digiorno.  His reasoning was that he never gets to eat it and we were planning to go out for his birthday on the weekend since we were busy the night of.  Frozen pizza for your birthday?! That made me laugh. 

These pictures crack me up! Not long ago, Mitch got our "1 teaspoon" measuring spoon stuck inside the blade of the peeler.  He claims that he just found them that way, but I think I know better ;)  It took a long time, but he managed to rescue both kitchen untensils.  I'm afraid I wasn't much help because I was too busy laughing at how seriously he addressed the issue.  Look at his face....that boy means business!
 


Recently, Mitch and I have been on a big bean kick.  Black, pinto, garbanzo, great northern, kidney.....we like them all.  In fact, Mitch has taken such a liking to them that he has now become a self-proclaimed bean connoisseur.  As we sat eating taco soup this week (complete with four different kinds of beans!), he decided that he really needed to have a favorite bean.  "I've got to have a best," he said.  The site of him quietly picking out each type of bean from his bowl, tasting it, then rating it, was really pretty comical.  Sadly, he never did make a decision. 

Can you tell what this is?! Yep, that would be Mitch's leg with a quaint little picture he drew during general conference.  I'd like to think he was listening intently during that session, but that may be a little optimistic given this lovely display of artistry.  Just as the prophets and apostles are counseling us to keep ourselves clean and treat our bodies as temples, Mitch is tatooing himself with a "families are forever" scene.  Atta boy!  We all laughed pretty hard as his drawing became more and more intricate with every speaker.  I can't decide if I like the ugly dog or the mole better....bahahaha! 



For all his silliness, Mitch really is the sweetest, most loving, husband and best friend ever!  After I started my new long term sub position, I was feeling really stressed with all of the burdens of a full time teacher.  Things were more difficult than I had anticipated, and I was definitely a bit emotional.  I came home one day to find these little beauties waiting for me.  Flowers certianly aren't the most practical of gifts (they always die!), but any honest girl has to admit there's something special about recieving them.   I thought they looked so cute on our little island, and it made my day to get an out of the blue surprise!  My husband may draw on his legs and ask for frozen pizza, but he sure is thoughtful!  Thanks Mitch for being an absolutely amazing husband! I LOVE YOU!  



3 comments:

  1. Mitch reminds me a lot of Jared! I wish we could've hung out more. I am so happy about your new job too. What are you teaching?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a long term sub position in 3rd grade. It's not permanent, but it's still a huge blessing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your new position! That is a lot of stress though. Good luck with everything there! And Mitch is so great...my Mitch always talks about what an amazing friend, missionary, and roommate he is. Hope you guys are doing awesome!

    ReplyDelete